If you’re a shopper you might have already realized that there are now many different shoes to choose from and it might seem a bit confusing – here is a breakdown of what shoes are the most popular in terms of style and brand to help you make a choice:
- Knee-High Gladiator Sandals – Recently these have been seen on the feet (and up the legs) of some popular celebrities and have now become one of the hottest fashion trends this year. These – almost one for one – have an incredible style to them and stand out in any crowd. Various brands that make the most popular styles include Juicy Couture, Type Z and Ed Hardy (my personal favorite).
- Ankle High Gladiator Sandals – The look of these is a bit more on the subtle side compared with the knee-high gladiators and are some of the most feminine footwear today. The looks vary and are usually found to be either “simple” or “strappy”. The most popular of these shoes come from brands such as Sam Edelman, Type Z, Report and Nine West.
- High Heel Gladiator Shoes – This look combines the “old world” style of a Roman sandal with the sultry look of high heels. The most popular of these styles feature one or more straps around the ankle area and will definitely bring a few looks! Some of the brands that create the most popular high heel gladiator shoes include Steve Madden, Chinese Laundry, Nine West, RSVP and Type Z.
And – there are variations to the above. For example, you can find high heel gladiator sandals that are strappy right up to the knee as well as some ankle high gladiators that have a basic thong sandal design to them.
There are practical reasons for choosing flat shoes for your wedding. Easier on the sole of foot muscles, which will walk you down the aisle, and bear your weight at the perhaps long and challenging reception line, if your groom has a huge family….
During the reception and dinner, you will be getting up and down all the time. If you wear four inch heels and kick them off when you sit down, you’ll be groping for them every time a speech is demanded.
If you choose flat shoes for your bridesmaids, I guarantee it they will be forever grateful. They have just as long a day as you do – in fact longer! Many brides leave the wedding early for their honeymoon leaving the wedding party and guests dancing all night. Flat shoes can convey the very edge of designer fashion, while feeling like bedroom slippers!
After your wedding, all can wear their wedding ballet flats for many occasions.
In particular, white, black, ivory, silver and gold ballet flats can be matched with jewelry. Earrings, necklaces and bracelets can easily be chosen to go with your wedding party outfits.
Many ballet flats come in designs with two or three colors, particularly mixtures of metallic shades. This allows a mix and match choice of jewelry for bride and bridesmaids. Some women look better in the colder shades of white, silver, or white gold. Others glow handsomely in the warmer gold, copper and bronze tones.
They are usually made with platform heels today to reflect the latest shoe styles. This fabulous shoe style is the perfect accessory to many different outfits. They can be worn with dresses and skirts to shoe them off and to enhance the legs.
These shoes are also the perfect accent for shorts and jeans alike. There are no other shoes that will work with so many different outfits. These could very well be the perfect pair of shoes.
The style options are endless they can be found with pointy toes and round toes. They come in a wide range of heel height and are easily well suited to wear by anyone. The styles have been focused here lately on platform heels with higher heeled options.
There are styles that are combined with other styles. They are strappy sandaled styled shoes, and modified pumps that are also made in this style.
This type of shoe is actually a style within a style. You can find these shoes in a wide range of colors and materials. There are plenty of options and choices when it comes to these shoes.
You can purchase these types of shoes from a wide variety of vendors. You can find them in most shoe stores and most department stores. They are widely available online from many different vendors that specialize in shoe sales.
Shopping online is the best option for finding these type of shoes, you will be able to compare prices online and read unsolicited consumer reviews. This is the perfect way to shop for ankle strap shoes. You can expect to pay anywhere from fifty dollars to two hundred dollars largely depending on if there is a designer label attached to the shoes and the material the shoes are made from.
All leather models will be much more expensive than pseudo leather models will be. You can also pretty much guarantee that the higher end designer labels will be far more expensive than off the rack models.
Go with ankle boots
Ankle boots are back, and you’ll find them everywhere in as many styles and colors you can imagine. Whether you like cowboy-inspired boots, lace-ups or slouchy suede, you’ll be sure to find an ankle boot to suit your style. Ankle boots look fabulous with skinny jeans; their abbreviated shape sets off slim legs perfectly, elongating your legs by showing more of them. Plus, they’re fun, funky and right on trend.
Choose classic tall boots
Knee-high boots are the iconic foil to skinny jeans. Tuck your skinnies into tall boots and you’re instantly stylish, chic and polished. Classic riding boots are especially flattering with skinny jeans, so try an always-fashionable flat-heeled equestrian style to emanate preppy-cool style and take your look up a notch. But when it’s time to dress up a bit more, heeled tall boots paired with skinnies–especially skinnies in a super-dark or black wash–make you look glamorous and ready for a night out.
Try a flirty flat
Ballet flats have been popular for awhile now, and their staying power hasn’t diminished. While ballets look cute with other pant styles too, they’re especially adorable with skinny jeans. A cropped or ankle-grazing skinny jean with a classic ballet flat is the perfect flirty, Audrey Hepburn-inspired look–and flats are practical and comfy to boot. If your daily life involves a lot of running around, chasing kids or dashing from meeting to meeting, a ballet flat is ideal. As an added bonus, you can find ballets in tons of styles and variations, from casual to elegant. For a more casual look, try fun printed canvas, denim or classic solid-colored leather ballets. For a dressier or edgier look, choose flats embellished with jewels, flowers, ruffles or buckles, or go for a two-toned, cap-toed flat or one in an animal print.
- Sit and stand. Neither sitting nor standing on your feet all day is good for you. When possible, alternate between the two to prevent locking yourself in one position. If your job primarily involves sitting, take a break and stand up every 25 minutes or so. If your in the habit of holding the same position until pain or numbness reminds you to shift position (I am guilty of this), try setting the alarm on your cell phone to vibrate every 25 minutes as a subtle reminder until you get into the new habit. You will notice after a short time that your concentration and stamina will improve, an added bonus!
- Compute comfortably. Your upper body should be spaced 20 to 26 inches from your computer monitor, the top of which should be at an even line with the top of your head when your head is in neutral position. Your arms should hang comfortably at your sides, elbows at a right angle, with your wrists relaxed while typing. Adjust your chair or add a pillow under you to aid in achieving the right height.
- Give your wrists a rest. Purchase a wrist rest for your computer or make your own with two strips of bubble-wrap packing material taped together. Make the bottom strip wider than the top strip and tape the excess width to the bottom of the keyboard so the wrist rest extends outward.
Being aware in the work place of the things we do repeatedly will go a long way towards better health, concentration and productivity. Thus, allowing a more fit and active lifestyle outside of work, and providing a better quality of life for many years to come.